Celebrating December 17, 1903!
What happened 110 years ago?
The first successful, powered, piloted airplane flight!
As you might know, my new book stars a very important, well-known historical figure. Orville Wright, half of the Wright Brothers’ team, ran a flying school outside Montgomery, Alabama in 1910. In order to make my story seem as real as possible, I’ve been doing some research on Orville.
Think you know everything there is to know about Orville? Take my quiz. Click on the link to get the Wright facts!
1. What musical instrument did Orville play?
2. Milton Wright, the boys’ father, brought home a very popular toy in 1878 that inspired Orville and Wilbur. What was the toy?
3. You probably already know that the Wright Brothers owned a bicycle shop, but in middle school they were interested in pursuing different careers. This one was a surprise to me, too. What career interested Orville?
4. Who made the first flight at Kitty Hawk, NC? Was it Wilbur or Orville? And how did they decide who got to go first?
5. How often did Wilbur and Orville fly together? How many times did their father fly?
Make sure you take the time to watch the video on the link above!
Can you name these Wrights? Go to http://www.wright-brothers.org/History_Wing/Wright_Story/Unusual_Childhood/Unusual_Childhood_Intro.htm
Here’s a link just for fun. You can print out the puzzle!